Mahhi Vij is a very famous Indian actress and model who is known for her work in the Indian television industry. From making a huge impact on Big Boss to buying Mercedes E class in August 2022, Mahhi has achieved a lot. And then marrying to famous Indian television actor and host Jay Bhanushali has made even popular. Many do call her as Mahhi Vij Bhanushali or Mahhi Bhanushali. She is indeed an actress that has inspired so many females with her hard work and dedication. Hence, let us know more her life, career and more.
Biography of Mahhi Vij
Mahhi Vij is a well-known Indian actress, reality TV star and model, mostly known for her work in the television industry. She was born on 1 April 1982 in Delhi, India. Her age is 41 years old as of 2023. Her other name is Mahi Bhanushali. Mahhi made her debut in Telegu film named Tapana back in 2004. She is by birth the Hindu, just like her husband Jai Bhanushali but she does not follow any religion which has told even media in an interview. The pair lives in Mumbai, India.
Physical Stats of Mahhi Vij
|Height||5 feet and 1 inch, 115 cm or 1.5 m tall.|
|Eye color||hazel green|
|Body measurements||34-26-35 inches|
|Tatoo||Yes, It’s her Husband name ‘Jai Bhanushali‘|
|cosmetic surgeries||Yes, face mostly|
|Dress size||Medium to large|
Mahhi Vij Early Life
Mahhi Vij is a Delhi girl who did spend her childhood in the capital of India. Her childhood memories did have a lot of time with sister Shilpi Vij. They did like to watch Bollywood movies while growing up. Mahhi did like to go to Connaught Place with her families at weekends to have fun. Every month, they used to watch two movies at the theatres. Mahi did also join dance class. She was obsessed with Hamleys brand while growing up.
Mahhi Vij Education
Mahhi Vij did move to Mumbai at the age of 17 for starting her modelling career but she did get her education from Delhi. She did get her basic education from Lilawati Vidya Mandir School in Sanjay Nagar, Shakti Nagar, Delhi. Mahi was famous at school for taking part in dancing combination a lot. She was a decent student in academics and did used to get 80 to 84 per cent grades. For the higher education, Mahhi did go to University of Delhi. Her focus was from a very young age to become actress for which her family did support her very well.
Family of Mahhi Vij
Mahhi Vij was born to Vinod Vij (father) and mother Sushma Vij (mother) in Delhi, India. Shilpi Vij is her sister. Mahhi did grow up in a family of 4 people. Not many know but Shekhar Malhotra, who is the cousin of Mahi, is married to TV actress from India Bhumika Gurung. Mahhi comes from Indian Khatri family. She was born and bred in Delhi. Hence, it is the reason behind her being fluent in English and Hindi. She can also understand Punjabi language. She is very close to her family and keeps sharing images with her parents and sister from time to time.
Mahhi Vij Husband and Children
Mahhi Vij did get to know about Indian TV actor and host Jay Bhanushali in in a party. It was the first time they did get to know each other. But they did not talk this as a year later, the pair met again in a party and hence, it did help them to start dating. On 11 November 2011, Mahhi and Jay did do court marriage. But the media did get to know about it first when the pair did come together in the sangeet party of Vikas Kalantri. As Mahi did wear Mangalsutra and hence, the media did get to know about it. Once media did spread the words the pair would part ways. But the news did not have base.
The pair is blessed to have three children in total. On 8 August 2019, the pair did welcome their first biological children Tara Bhanushali. But they did have two foster children named as Kushi (daughter) and son Rajveer. When the pair did foster two children, they did share it with the fans on social media. But when their biological child was born, many did say that the pair had forgotten about their other two children. It was something the pair did not like at all.
Mahhi Husband Jay Bhanushali
Jay Bhanushali is a famous Indian TV actor and host. He is known for hosting the Dance India Dance show on ZEE TV for a long time. Jay came to this world on 25 December 1984 in Ahmedabad, Gujrat, India. He is 38 years old. He is a father of three children and the husband of Mahhi Vij. Hetal Bhanushali is his sister. More than TV serials, he is famous for taking part as a host of reality TV shows. In 2021, Jay did become a part of the Big Boss Hindi show for Colour’s Channel . He did a decent job in the show but did not manage to go deep in the competition. He is fluent in English, Hindi and Gujarati languages. Jay comes from Brown ethnicity. However, his wife does not follow any religion, which has been told even to the media.
Mahhi Vij Professional Career
Here will tell you about the professional career of Mahhi Vij with help of a timeline…
- In 2004, Mahi did make her debut in the Telugu film name Tapana where she did play the role of Meera. In the same year, she came in another movie Aparichithan, which was a Malayalam language movie. Here she played the role of Kalyani. But Mahi did not get a break in Bollywood and a long run in South cinema; hence, she moved to the television world.
- She did start her modelling career when she was just 17 years old. It was a very hard time for her as she comes from a middle-class family, Mahi did promise her father that she would not be a burden to her. She once shared about her struggle to the media:
“When I shifted to Mumbai I told my father that I will never be a burden on him. So there were times when we did not have money to pay rent and I did not have the courage to tell my father. But somebody up in the heaven was looking after me and I would bag some project and would be able to afford the expenses.”
- Her first appearance came in a 2002 Hindi video. The name of the video was Tu, Tu Hai Wahi.
- In 2006, she became part of an unknown TV show named as Akela where she played the role of Meghna.
- But it was in 2008 that she made an impact. Mahi did appear in music videos Roz Roz and Rim Jhim Rim Jhim Sawan Barse. In the same year, she worked in the first big TV project named Ssshhhh…Koi Hai and Kaisi Laagi Lagan.
- In the 2008-09 season, Mahhi appeared in Shubh Kadam.
- But she did become famous with the Colours TV show Laagi Tujhse Lagan. Here she worked from 2009 to 2012 and made a mega impact.
- In 2009, she did come in two TV shows also – Bairi Piya and Na Aana Is Des Laado.
- In 2010, she became a part of TV shows like Rishton Se Badi Pratha and reality show Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan.
- The very dancing show in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 (2010-11) made her famous.
- In 2011, she made some appearances in Comedy Circus Ka Naya Daur and Sasural Simar Ka along with V The Serial and Teri Meri Love Stories.
- In 2012, Nach Baliye 5 won with her husband.
- In 2014, she did work on some episodes of Comedy Nights with Kapil.
- But it was 2015, when she did not enter the 9th season of Big Boss Hindi for Colours TV. But did come in the finale to promote Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7.
- Then she was seen in shows like Balika Vadhu, Laal Ishq and Kitchen Champion 5.
- In 2019, she did appear in Bigg Boss 13 as a friend of Rashami Desai’s friend in week 8 on the 57 show. But her husband Jay did become the content of the show in 2021.
- In 2020, she did come to the Mujhse Shaadi Karoge show.
Mahhi Social Media
Mahhi Vij being an actress and model is very famous on social media. She does have over 2.3M followers on Instagram. Her husband Jay Bhanushali also has 2.1 million followers on Instagram She and her husband have made a joint YouTube account where they have more than 248K subscribers. On 31 May 2018, the pair did make this YouTube channel. Here one can see many things about their personal life. They live in Mumbai, so most of the videos are from the financial capital of India. One can see on her socials about her personal life.
Mahhi Vij Net Worth
Mahhi Vij has a net worth of INR 15 Cr as of 2023. Even her husband Jay Bhanushali has a net worth of Rs 15 cr. It does show that both of them have earned equal money and are very rich. They have a Mercedes E class which the pair did buy in Aug 2022. Having a flat in Mumbai shows how stable they are in life. Mahhi does like luxury bags and according to some internal sources, she has a collection of 20 luxury bags. The pair do charity work in Mumbai and help kids who are not in well-to-do situations.
- Mahhi Vij’s favourite actors are Akshay Kumar and Shah Rukh Khan.
- Her favourite actress is Kajol Devgn.
- She did make her professional debut at the age of 17 as a model.
- She has done two movies in the South industry.
- Mahhi is known for her dancing skills.
- Her hobbies are dancing, swimming and reading books.
- Mahhi does like to colour her hair.
- She does own a Mercedes E-Class.
- Mahhi does not believe in God.
- She likes to eat non-veg food.
- Mahhi does know how to drive a car.
- She does not smoke.
- Mahhi likes to drink wine.
- Her beloved holiday destination is the Maldives.
- Mahhi is fluent in Hindi and English language.
- Her astrological sign is Leo.
- Her western zodiac sign is Aries.
- She likes to watch Indian cinema movies as well as Hollywood.
- Mahhi is a mother of three children – two girls and a boy.
- She likes pop and classical music.
- Mahhi lives in Mumbai with her family.
Mahhi Vij or Mahhi Bhanushali is the wife of Jay Bhanushali. The pair did marry in 2011.
Jay Bhanushali is blessed to have three children. He has one biological child and two adopted. Khushi and Rajveer are his adopted child and Tara is his biological girl.
Mahi Vij does not follow any religion. However, his husband and parents are Hindu. She said to the media on 5 July 2016: “I don’t follow any one religion.”
Mahivij is 41 years old, having been born on 1 April 1982 in Delhi, India.
Jay Bhanushali was born on 25 December 1984. It means he is 38 years old as of 2023.
Also, Read About:-
Meet Mira Rajput Age, Bio, Husband, Boyfriend, Family And Every Detail You Need To Know.
Sriti Jha:- Bio, Height, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Net Worth & More.
Drashti Dhami – Bio, Age, Husband, Early Life, Career, Net Worth & Lot More!