The Graduate Management Admission Test is popularly known as GMAT. Students who want to be admitted to graduate and post-graduate management programs must take a standardized online test. Questions with multiple choices make up the exam’s format.
Examining the student’s English and math skills is the goal of the test. A variety of parts, including verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, integrated thinking, and analytical writing, are used to assess it. GMAT is progressively used by many business schools to measure the suitability of candidates for admission to the business school.
It’s here! Your test day is here. The significant day of your life which will give direction to your Career and which will boost your future is here. Have you planned everything for your exam day or not? Unless you sound “yes!”. Must read this article if you are going to give your GMAT exam. In this article, we will wrap up the following questions which concern us frequently before giving the GMAT:
- Should we study and practice when our exam day is near?
- Which items should we carry to the GMAT exam center?
- What items are not allowed in the center?
- How early should I reach the exam center?
Let’s begin with the answering of following questions:
Should We Study and Practice When Our Exam Day Is Near?
When your exam day is near, do not try to study new topics; trust yourself and trust the preparation that you have been doing. Try to revise your topics multiple times. Give the mock test and try to analyze the marks of your mock test and focus on the topics in which you are weak. At last, stick with your limited resources and remember revision is most important.
While giving mock tests, make the environment the same as the examination center. Give a mock test at the time of your actual GMAT. Remember, the aim is to get used to sitting in a chair for 3.5 hours with two 8 minute breaks. Adapt yourself to the environment so that when you appear in the examination center, you feel comfortable. Eat healthy food and stay safe because you do not want to ruin your preparation.
Items To Be Carried on Examination Center
You must carry the following items with you at the GMAT
- Approved GMAT photo: you must bring a valid and approved GMAT photo id, as you will not be allowed without it.
- Appointment confirmation letter or email: you must bring the appointment confirmation; in case of any discrepancy (such as confusion about your test date), you will be able to address it carefully. Smooth out the check-in process.
- Direction to examination center: you must know the direction of your center. As an alternative, keep printed directions also because in case you unexpectedly lose your mobile phone or the battery dies so, you will have the printed direction as a backup.
Things Which Are Good To Have During the Exam
Here is the list of Things that you can keep with yourself during the examination as you will spend more than 3 hours there, so you need to be comfortable during the exam. These things will help you during the exam and during the break to regain energy.
- Extra layers: sometimes, in the test center, you are giving an exam that may be very hot or cold, so you can have extra layers which are easy to remove and wear. It will help you to adapt to the environment and help to tackle the problem created due to air conditioners.
- Snacks and water: Bringing these things will be beneficial for you as you will have to sit in the examination center for 3.5 hours, but you can’t carry the snacks and water in the examination room; you can have them during the breaks. Carry a healthy snack like a piece of fruit, protein bar, etc., because it will help to boost your energy levels during examination time.
Items Not to Carry at the Center
- Electronics: you cannot carry a mobile phone or calculator at the examination center. You will not be allowed to use them during the exam.
- Books and any other paper materials: you will not be allowed to carry books to the GMAT, including dictionaries, thesaurus, idioms books, and math formula sheets. Make sure you should not have any unwanted things in your pockets. Your test will be automatically voided if you are found with these things.
- Weapons: Things that are considered weapons (pocket knives, nail clippers, razors) are not allowed in the examination center; the only weapon allowed in the examination center is your brain which you have trained for weeks.
How early should you reach the examination center?
You must try to reach 30 minutes prior to your appointment so that you have enough time for the check in process. You have ground hard for this examination, and you would not want silly things to stop you from achieving your goal, so try to reach early to complete the check-in process, as after the given time period, entry into the examination center will not be allowed.
These are things you must keep in mind when you are appearing for the GMAT. Small mistakes from your side will ruin the preparation of months and will stop you from achieving your goals. Following these things will make you more confident about the GMAT examination.
If you are preparing for GMAT, you might understand the importance of coaching in the preparation journey. Coaching can accelerate your preparation and provide you with the right guidance. However, there are many coaching centers nowadays, and online GMAT prep has gained popularity in recent years.
If you are thinking about GMAT test prep online, then you should choose the best online GMAT coaching only. There are many courses available online for GMAT preparation, and all of them claim to be the best, but you can choose the best GMAT coaching by considering the teaching quality, experience, reputation, and reviews of the coaching center.