There are a lot of opportunities when it comes to customizing different apparel such as custom jacket printing. One of them is to use foil printing. It is a brilliant option that adds some sparkle or elegance to whatever you are printing onto.
How does foil printing work?
Foil printing is the application of a thin layer of foil onto fabric using both pressure and heat to get it to stay. First, on a special transfer sheet, the design is created and then it is heat pressed onto the jacket or other garment. With that pressure and heat the foil sticks to the jacket leaving behind the metallic design. There is a lot you can do in terms of design and it can be used on a number of different fabrics such as polyester, cotton and blends too. It is especially attractive on darker colors but can be used on others. It is just more striking visually.
What are the advantages of this printing technique?
There are a few advantages to using this option and they include;
- Durable method of printing – Not all methods of printing produce results that last for a decent length of time so it is nice that foil printing is one of them. It remains intact and looks great on your customized jacket after lots of use and washes.
- Eye-catching – When you are looking to draw attention this is a good choice. The metallic sheen is eye-catching and it creates an effect that people enjoy. It is a great opportunity to create a strong contrast between the foil design and the color of the fabric.
- Aesthetically appealing – Whether you want to add some glamour to the garments you are printing or looking to create promotional and eye-catching materials, this is a great choice. It has a positive impact when people see it and enhances the overall appeal of the garment.
- Has a lot of versatility – You can use foil printing for all kinds of images, logos, text and more. It is very versatile and really the customization you can create with it is endless.
Tips for creating successful designs
Consider some of these factors when you choose to use foil printing;
- Looks great with both logos and text – When you are creating custom jacket printing or any other garment it is a great way to highlight logos or text and add something extra to the garments.
- Create the best contrast – Consider how best to create strong contrast as that will draw the eye more. Usually, that means choosing dark backgrounds for the jackets, shirts or such and then a lighter-colored foil. But you could reverse that and choose a darker foil with a lighter background.
- Explore your options with the right foil – You have a lot of choices in the foil in the finish as well as color so consider them carefully, for example, matte, holographic and metallic are popular examples.
- Stick with bold elements – Using foil printing is more successful when you use bold and simple elements of design. It is not as good with really detailed elements.
- Test the final design – Before you order a large batch have a smaller one printed off so you can test the final design.
- Combine it with other printing and design techniques – You do not only have to use foil printing on a customized jacket. You might combine it with other options such as embroidery, screen printing or such.